The suspect who allegedly kidnapped and beat up a Maple Ridge teenager at gunpoint last month has been accused of terrorizing a woman before, according to parole documents obtained by CTV News.

Ian James William Campbell, 25, has been charged in connection with the Jan. 19 attack that saw a frightened girl accosted at the Westgate Centre mall, forced to drive to a secluded location then brutally attacked.

He is charged with kidnapping. producing an imitation firearm, assault, assault with a weapon, auto theft and unlawful confinement.

In 2005, Campbell was at the centre of a New Westminster police chase and shootout that resulted in the death of a 16-year-old boy, and newly-obtained parole documents reveal more disturbing details about his history.

They relate to a January 2010 armed robbery in which Campbell and a co-accused burst into a Vancouver restaurant while two staff members were closing up.

“The victims were bound with duct tape. You led one of the victims into a washroom and sat the female victim on a toilet. You proceeded to unzip your pants when you were interrupted by your co-accused,” the documents read.

“Before fleeing the restaurant you pulled up the victim’s skirt and slapped her buttocks.”

When he was arrested, police found weapons, masks, wigs, handcuffs and duct tape. Campbell eventually pleaded guilty to robbery, and the sexual assault with a weapon charge was dropped.

Three years ago, Campbell’s case management team deemed him unmanageable in the community, but he was back on the street by September 2012.

The victim in last month’s attack managed to escape with non-life threatening injuries, and has been applauded by police for her courage.

Her friends are planning a community celebration for her on Sunday at Fox’s Reach Pub & Grill, the restaurant she was standing outside when she was kidnapped.

“This little girl, she has an unbreakable spirit,” said family friend and event organizer Jennifer Strain. “She’s just so energetic. She’s really a lovely, lovely girl.”

Campbell’s next court appearance is set for Feb. 21.

With a report from CTV British Columbia’s Julia Foy