Convicted sexual predator Martin Tremblay has admitted he's been questioned by police in connection to the recent deaths of two teenaged girls. Now a grieving stepmother is worried that Tremblay is up to his old tricks.

Last week, CTV News tracked him down to a home on Pender Island.

It was a disturbing discovery -- two young girls and cases of beer inside the home of a 44-year-old man convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting numerous teenaged girls.

One of the girls answered the door, and called Tremblay "Dad."

That likely wouldn't come as a surprise to his former victims, one of whom told CTV News last week that Tremblay "pretends to be everybody's dad."

She said, "I've heard a few girls call him ‘Dad,' ‘Uncle.'"

Another victim said she called him "Uncle Martin."

On Pender Island, Tremblay refused to come to the door, but spoke with CTV News by phone, denying any involvement in the recent death of two girls.

Last month, Tremblay was living at a house in Richmond where 17-year-old Martha Hernandez was found dead on March 2.

Her friend Kayla LaLonde died in Burnaby the same day, and police say both girls were killed by a lethal mix of drugs and alcohol.

Shortly after Hernandez died, her parents visited the Richmond house to see where her life ended.

When stepmother Connie Hernandez learned that two young girls were at Tremblay's home on Pender Island last week, she said, "I was disgusted."

Tremblay's 2003 conviction was on five counts of sexual assault. He was released from jail after serving just over a year, with no conditions that he stay away from young girls.

"This was one of my fears, was that there was not going to be a warning put out there and that he going to continue on with being around young girls -- young, vulnerable girls," Hernandez told CTV News.

She said the RCMP should have put out a public warning about Tremblay as soon as he was released from jail.

And Hernandez, along with Tremblay's former victims, is encouraging other victims to come forward and talk to the police.

With a report from CTV British Columbia's Leah Hendry