The Vancouver Canucks skated to a 3-2 win in overtime of Game 2 in the Stanley Cup Final tonight.

Burrows ended it in the opening seconds of overtime, giving the Canucks a 2-0 lead in the series with Game 3 slated for Monday in Boston.

The Canucks carried the play in the first period right from the opening shift and capitalized on their only power play opportunity of the first period.

Midway through the frame, Zdeno Chara hauled down Ryan Kesler to allow the vaunted Canucks power play to take the ice. Late in the penalty, Alex Burrows let go a wrist shot from a bad angle that squeaked pat Tim Thomas in the Boston net.

It was a diiferent story in the second period as the Bruins started to dictate the play and force the Canucks into penalty trouble.

Roberto Luongo came up with some of his biggest saves of the game in the second period. After Kevin Bieksa was assessed a questionable delay of game penalty, Mark Recchi had a chance in close but Luongo slid across and covered the puck near the goal line. Minutes later, he stopped David Krejci on a one-timer from the face-off dot.

But Lucic scored the Bruins' first goal of the Stanley Cup Final later in the frame. Lucic pounced on a rebound in front of Luongo, fought off Christian Ehrhoff and put the puck under Luongo's outstretched leg.

The Bruins gained momentum from the goal and caused the Canucks to take a penalty just minutes later. Mark Recchi tipped in a point shot from Chara to give the Bruins a rare power play marker. With the goal, Recchi became the oldest player to score a goal in the Stanley Cup Final, surpassing Igor Larionov.

Thomas then robbed Jannik Hansen from point blank range to maintain the Bruins' momentum and silence the crowd. Then, Michael Ryder got his stick in front of Jeff Tambellini as he tried to sweep the puck into a yawning cage. Thomas made Daniel Sedin his next victom with a good stop from in close to keep the Bruins in front.

The Bruins started the third period on the power play but that was negated when Dennis Seidenberg tripped up Maxim Lapierre.

A few minutes into the period, Bieksa was felled by a slash from Rich Peverley and lay prone on the ice as the home fans held their collective breath. But he got back to his feet, made his way to the bench without assistance and returned to action shortly after.

With time beginning to become a factor, Daniel Sedin put the Canucks back on even terms. After a TV timeout that allowed the Sedin line to play two straight shifts, Burrows stopped a shot in the slot and shoveled the puck over to Sedin, who had an empty net to shoot at and made no mistake.

The Canucks finished off regualtion with a flurry but could not repeat their last-minute heroics of Game 1.

Burrows ended it in the opening seconds of overtime, giving the Canucks a 2-0 lead in the series with Game 3 slated for Monday in Boston.

On the injury front, Canucks centre Manny Malhotra, who has been out since March 16 with an eye injury, returned to the lineup while defenceman Dan Hamhuis was out with an undisclosed injury suffered in Game 1. Andrew Alberts took Hamhuis' spot in the lineup.