Ann Luu's Sesame Chicken Bites
CTV British Columbia
Published Friday, December 7, 2012 10:41AM PST
Last Updated Friday, December 7, 2012 11:42AM PST
3 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Tsp chili sauce (Sambal Oelek or other)
Juice of 1/2 a lime (or whole if not very juicy)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
4 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs*, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
3 Green onions, sliced very thinly
1. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and lime juice in small bowl, stir and set aside.
2. Heat wok over high heat. Add oil. Once very hot (almost smoking), add chicken, stirring constantly until chicken is about half cooked (about one minute).
4. Add the sauce mixture to the chicken.
5. Continue stir frying constantly until almost all of the sauce is reduced and chicken is coated in a dark, sticky glaze. There should be little to no liquid. Turn off the heat.
6. Working quickly, add almost all of the sesame seeds and green onions, stir to combine and pour into a serving bowl.
7. Sprinkle the top with the remaining sesame seeds and green onions, and serve immediately.