Victim of latest Surrey gunfight was injured in previous shooting
Mounties are asking the public to come forward with information on a 28-year-old man who’s been shot twice in the ongoing drug turf war being waged on the streets of Surrey.
The RCMP said Ravinder Samra was injured early in the bloody conflict, which began in March, then again on Saturday night during a gunfight on Highway 10.
Samra and another man suffered non-life threatening injuries in the latest shooting, which investigators believe is linked to at least 17 other incidents of gun violence committed in recent months.
Both victims are refusing to cooperate with police, a problem the RCMP has highlighted as a major impediment to ending the turf war.
On Monday, police released surveillance images of Samra taken at a Cactus Club in Langley shortly before Saturday’s gunfight.
“In order to advance this particular investigation, police are releasing a photo of one of the victims,” the RCMP said in a statement. “We are hoping that anyone who was at the Langley Cactus Club and may have information relating to [Samra] could give police a call.”
A light-coloured SUV connected to the shooting has been seized, but Mounties are still trying to track down a silver Pontiac Vibe that was seen fleeing the area.
Mounties are also still working to identify suspects in a brazen shooting committed last week outside an Earls restaurant in Surrey. The RCMP said it’s seeking warrants to obtain surveillance video from the area that could aid in the investigation.
That incident has been linked to the same low-level drug trade conflict as Saturday’s shootout.
Anyone with information on any of the recent Surrey shootings can call the RCMP at 604-915-6566, or Crime Stopper sat 1-800-222-TIPS to remain anonymous.