The realtor who was murdered in a new million-dollar home for sale was stabbed multiple times before she died, according to autopsy results released to CTV Tuesday.

And shortly before she was murdered, Lindsay Buziak received a phone call from a woman who wanted to see the property, her colleagues revealed Tuesday.

But then a man called, saying his wife couldn't make it -- but he could.

Those were among the latest details to emerge in the ongoing investigation into just who killed the 24-year-old realtor Saturday evening.

But some details seemed to deepen the mystery around Buziak, who was found dead in a new million-dollar home in Saanich that was listed by her employer, Re/Max, on Saturday night.

"We don't know who caused the death and we may not know for some time," Const. Brad Brajcich told reporters.

Police also said that there were two 9-1-1 calls that were made that night, at about 6:15. The first was a tip, to check on the welfare of Buziak, and was made from the upscale home she was living in.

The second, made only minutes later, was from someone inside the home who had just found the body.

Two people were discovered inside the home Saturday night, police said -- but they wouldn't say who they were.

The witnesses are co-operating with the police, said investigators.

One friend, Vicky Mackie, told CTV that Buziak had "a bad feeling" before answering a call to the house from a potential buyer.

"I'm in complete, utter shock," said Mackie. "Even right now it doesn't seem like reality, it seems like a bad dream that I'll wake up and she'll be here."

The great-uncle of the realtor slain while showing a new home near Victoria, who is also a retired RCMP officer, says he thinks Lindsay Buziak was set up.

Gus Buziak, 75, worked in homicide as part of a 30-year career in the RCMP, told CTV News that investigators have to catch her killer before he strikes again.

"Let's face it, this is probably not the first crime he has committed," said Buziak from his home in Alberta.

"She was a pretty young lady, and he saw her picture in the paper. I think he called her and she came to the house.

"It's probably not his first time and it's probably not his last time," he said. "I hope to God they get him before he strikes again."

The death has caused realtors to examine their own safety regulations, especially for women visiting houses alone with buyers.

The Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board is encouraging agents to take steps to ensure their safety:

  • Introduce the client to someone in your office
  • Jot down their car description and license plate
  • Use your own car to get to a property
  • Check all rooms and determine escape routes
  • Make sure doors are unlocked
  • Use a code word in a potentially dangerous situation
  • Trust your instincts
  • Have someone from your office, relative or friend stay with you
  • Call the police if you are suspicious

Realtor Bo Choi said that realtors get guarded after incidents, but after some time let their guard down.

"With the market being so busy we tend to be less cautious with the showing of property," she said.

Gus Buziak said despite dealing with death during his career as a police officer, he was completely unprepared for news of the death of a family member.

"I was involved in investigations," he said. "But when it hits this close to home, it's a different story.

"She was a beautiful, young girl, just trying to make a living," he said. "The family is just broken up. It's so sad."

With a report from CTV British Columbia's Jim Beatty