More than 50 Vancouver-area bus routes are impacted by the snow. Here's the full list.
VANCOUVER -- Metro Vancouver commuters woke up to several centimetres of new-fallen snow, and more than 140 bus service alerts from TransLink.
Some of those alerts were due to ongoing construction or previous cancellations, but dozens of routes were also impacted by the snowfall on Wednesday.
In a message on Twitter, the public transit provider said bus service is delayed in most areas due to the weather.
"Please allow extra travel time and bundle up in anticipation of delays," TransLink posted.
A tweet from the transit authority on Wednesday morning said that the 49 UBC/ Metrotown Station route had been cancelled, but TransLink later issued a correction saying that is not the case, although some buses are running later because of the road conditions.
Snowy streets also left more than a dozen buses stuck at the bottom of the hill on the south end of the Granville Street Bridge. Drivers told CTV News the first bus got stuck at around 6:15 a.m.
They started moving again three hours later, after two plows cleared the street.
At the same time, a "technical issue" between Metrotown and 22nd Street stations and problems with train doors were causing delays on the SkyTrain's Expo Line, and King George Station was closed completely.
The Millennium Line was also running less frequently, but with more cars to increase capacity, TransLink said.
In an emailed statement, TransLink made a suggestion: "Customers are asked to consider whether they need to travel today, and if there is a need, whether they could consider travelling outside of rush hours, as commutes will take significantly longer than usual."
For those thinking of taking the bus to avoid the train delay, or who usually rely on bus service, here is a list of the bus routes TransLink says are impacted by the storm.
- 2 Macdonald/Downtown
- 3 Main/Downtown
- 4 Powell/UBC
- 5 Downtown/Robson
- 6 Downtown/Davie
- 7 Dunbar/Nanaimo
- 8 Fraser/Downtown
- 9 UBC/Alma/Commercial-Broadway/Boundary
- 10 Granville/Downtown
- 14 Hastings/UBC
- 15 Cambie/Olympic Village Station
- 16 29th Avenue Station/Arbutus
- 17 Oak/Downtown
- 19 Stanley Park/Metrotown Station
- 20 Victoria/Downtown
- 22 Knight/Downtown
- 25 Brentwood Station/UBC
- 26 Joyce Station/29th Avenue Station
- 27 Kootenay Loop/Joyce Station
- 29 Elliott/29th Avenue Station
- 32 Dunbar/Downtown
- 41 Joyce/UBC
- 49 Metrotown Station/Dunbar Loop/UBC
- 84 UBC/VCC-Clark
- 99 Commercial-Broadway/UBC (B-Line)
- 100 Marpole/22nd St Station
- 101 Lougheed Station/22nd St Station
- 104 22nd St Station/Annacis Island
- 106 New Westminster Station/Edmonds Station
- 110 Metrotown Station/Lougheed
- 123 New West Station/Brentwood Station
- 128 Braid Station/22nd Street Station
- 129 Patterson Station/Holdom Station
- 133 Holdom Station/Edmonds Station
- 134 Brentwood Station/Lake City Way Station
- 143 Burquitlam Station/SFU
- 145 SFU/Production Station
- 152 Coquitlam Central Station/Lougheed Station
- 155 Braid Station/22nd Street Station
- 159 Coquitlam Central Station/Braid Station
- 160 Port Coquitlam Station/Kootenay Loop
- 171 Coquitlam Central Station/Fremont
- 172 Coquitlam Central Station/Riverside
- 173 Coquitlam Central Station/Cedar
- 174 Coquitlam Central Station/Rocklin
- 180 Moody Centre Station/Lougheed Station
- 185 Coquitlam Central Station/Lansdowne
- 186 Coquitlam Central Station/Hampton Park
- 188 Coquitlam Central Station/Port Coquitlam Station 214 Blueridge/Phibbs Exchange/Vancouver
- 228 Lynn Valley/Lonsdale Quay
- 229 Lynn Valley/Lonsdale Quay
- 230 Upper Lonsdale/Lonsdale Quay
- 236 Grouse Mountain/Lonsdale Quay
- 239 Capilano University/Park Royal
- 240 15th Street/Vancouver
- 241 Upper Lonsdale/Vancouver
- 246 Highland/Downtown
- 249 Lonsdale Quay/Delbrook
- 257 Horseshoe Bay/Vancouver Express
- 280 Bluewater/Snug Cove
- 281 Snug Cove/Eaglecliff
- 301 Newton Exchange/Brighouse Station
- 320 Langley/Fleetwood/Surrey Central Station
- 340 22nd Street Station/Scottsdale Exchange
- 351 Crescent Beach/Bridgeport Station
- 372 Clayton Heights/Langley Centre
- 388 Carvolth Exchange/22nd St Station
- 395 Langley Centre/King George Station
- 410 Richmond-Brighouse Station/22nd St Station
- 430 Brighouse Station/Metrotown Station
- 480 UBC/ Bridgeport Station
- 555 Lougheed Stn/Carvolth Exchange
- 602 Bridgeport Station/ Tsawwassen Heights
- 640 Ladner Exchange/Scott Road Station
- R5 Hastings Street
More information, including detours buses are using, is available on TransLink's transit alert page.