Federal election 2019: Here's who's running in the City of Vancouver
The 40-day race to this year's federal election began Wednesday, following a request to the Governor General to dissolve Parliament.
Liberal leader Justin Trudeau was in Ottawa for the meeting with the Governor General, then got on a westbound plane ahead of a rally in Vancouver.
His first stop on the campaign trail is in the electoral district of Vancouver Kingsway, an NDP stronghold the Liberals hope to turn red.
Trudeau will join candidate Tamara Taggart, who's looking to unseat New Democrat Don Davies, who's managed to hold on to the district for a decade.
The nearby Vancouver Granville district will be a race to watch as former Liberal Jody Wilson-Raybould attempts to keep her seat as an independent.
Vancouver Quadra is one of the wealthiest in Canada, and has been held by the Liberals since 1984. Vancouver South is considered one of Canada's most diverse and was most recently won by Harjit Sajjan, who served as the Liberal government's defence minister.
The city's most populous district, Vancouver Centre, has been red since the early 1990s and represented by Hedy Fry for 26 years. Vancouver East, which includes the Downtown Eastside and Chinatown, has been historically orange.
In the 2015 election, four of the city's electoral districts chose Liberal representatives, and the remaining two chose members of the NDP.
As the campaign kicks off, CTV News Vancouver takes a quick look at who's running in each district this time around. Candidates' websites are linked where possible, and listed alphabetically other than incumbents:
- Incumbent: Hedy Fry, Liberal Party of Canada
- David Cavey, Conservative Party of Canada
- Guy Champoux, Rhinoceros Party
- Jesse Brown, Green Party of Canada
- Louise Kierans, People's Party of Canada (PPC)
Breen Oullette, New Democratic Party (NDP)
- Incumbent: Jenny Kwan, NDP
- Gölök Z. Buday, Libertarian Party of Canada
- Bridget Burns, Green
- Chris Corsetti, Conservative
- Kyle Demes, Liberal
- Anne Jamieson, Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
Karin Litzcke, PPC
- Incumbent: Jody Wilson-Raybould, independent
- Louise Boutin, Green
- Yvonne Hanson, NDP
- Naomi Leszkiewicz Chocyk, PPC
- Taleeb Noormohamed, Liberal
- Zach Segal, Conservative
John C. Turner, Rhinoceros
- Incumbent: Don Davies, NDP
- Helen Quan, Conservative
- Donna Petersen, Marxist-Leninist
- Tamara Taggart, Liberal
- Lawrence Taylor, Green
Ian Torn, PPC
- Incumbent: Joyce Murray, Liberal
- Kathleen Dixon, Conservative
- Sandra Filosof-Schipper, PPC
- Leigh Kenny, NDP
Geoff Wright, Green