Get your skin ready for winter
It's getting cooler in the mornings and evenings. Each season affects our skin differently. Beauty specialist Sherina Jamal shares tips on how to prep your skin for fall and winter.
Do it yourself Super food Winter Renewal Facial Mask -
For normal to dry skin, mild combination skin, mild sensitive skin:
- Bullet or blender
- Measuring spoons
- Glass bowl for storage
- Small grater
Ingredients: to make 2 to 3 portions:
- 3 tbsp. Natural or Greek Yogurt with active cultures *Or for a very dry and mature non-sensitive skin 1 small avocado or half a large can be used.
- 1.5 tbsp. raw rolled regular oats
- 1 tsp. grated organic lemon peel
- .5 tsp. pure olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh pineapple or papaya cut into small pieces with a bit of the juice
- 1 tbsp. ground raw almonds or almond powder (finely ground) OR ground
- Flax seed powder
- 1 tsp. of raw organic honey
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint, basil, rosemary, lavender flowers OR chamomile flowers.
- Optional: Raw organic kelp/seaweed powder and 1tbsp of green tea (pre-brew and cool)
Place all above ingredients in food processor or bullet. Blend for a few seconds until all ingredients are thoroughly blended still leaving a thick consistency.
Once ready. Apply a thin layer to cleansed skin using gentle massage strokes. Leave on for up to 15-20minutes. Rinse well with warm water. Pat skin dry. Follow with toning mist and moisturizer.
Dispense remaining mask into a small glass bowl seal and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.