Article by Spencer Harwood
- BC Green Party leader questions RCMP surveillance during recent visit to First Nation's land
- 'A dream come true': B.C. team to represent Canada at Little League World Series
- 'Prominent and violent' Brothers Keepers gang: Investigation nets multiple criminal charges
- List of possible nicknames for Abbotsford AHL team unveiled
- Vancouver police investigating vandalism of church's Pride installation for possible hate crimes
- B.C. residents split on effectiveness of current housing policies, poll finds
- Escaped emu captured at Prince George, B.C., airport with the help of a local farmer
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson salutes BC Lions legend Wally Buono as plans emerge for possible CFL-XFL partnership
- Multiple protesters arrested at downtown Vancouver anti-pipeline demonstration
- 'Vancouver I need your help': Photographer seeks mystery couple from snowstorm shot
- Memorial bench for late Vancouver man removed from park despite petition
- Bryan Adams asks about 'quickest place' for COVID-19 test in Vancouver
- Surrey Mounties seize drugs, handgun and thousands in cash
- Yorkshire terrier whose 'theft' was caught on camera returned; no criminal activity involved: police
- Caught on cam: Black bear wanders in, scopes out Whistler hotel lobby
- Hundreds sign petition calling for Abbotsford councillor's resignation
- Vancouver traffic: Part of First Avenue to be closed for up to a month
- Surrey man arrested for allegedly exposing himself
- Hundreds turn out to protest Toronto-based street preacher
- Here's what a B.C. doctor says parents should know about a rare childhood illness and COVID-19
Spencer Harwood is the associate assignment editor for CTV News Vancouver. He was previously an associate producer.
A tireless story chaser and journalist, he has also worked on four different elections for CTV News as a results producer, including the 2021 Canadian Federal election, and as results team leader during the 2022 B.C. Municipal elections.
Spencer joined the newsroom in January 2019 after previous stints with the Canadian Press, CBC and Corus Entertainment.
He still writes online for CTV News Vancouver, as well as for all CTV News Vancouver broadcasts, occasionally shoots and edits video, and helps produce CTV News at 11:30 every weeknight.
Spence graduated from the University of British Columbia with a B.A. in History before spending nearly six years working for a translation and technology firm as a strategic accounts director and program manager.
He later attended BCIT’s Broadcast and Online Journalism program, where he graduated with distinction.
He speaks English and is near-fluent in French after 13 years of French Immersion in his hometown of Richmond, B.C.
As a jack-of-all-trades, Spence has covered stories ranging from wildfires and flash floods, to feral peacocks disturbing the peace in a Surrey neighbourhood, to 30-year-old cold cases and the 2017 B.C. provincial election.
Born in Vancouver and growing up in Steveston, Spencer has deep roots on the West Coast including the Okanagan and Vancouver Island.
Send any story ideas his way to email@example.com