Hawaiian tuna poke and Thai-style tuna poke
Jenice Yu, F.I.S.H.
Published Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:17PM PDT
Last Updated Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:20PM PDT
Hawaiian Tuna Poke
- 1 lb Fresh Ahi Tuna
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- 1/2 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
In a medium sized non-reactive bowl, combine the tuna, soy sauce, green onion, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chili pepper and macadamia nuts. Mix well, and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers or crostini of your choice.
Thai Style Poke
- 1kg cubed white spring salmon
- 1/8 cup picked cilantro leaves
- 1/8 cup picked mint leaves
- 1/8 cup torn Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup nuoc cham
- 5/8 cup roughly chopped toasted peanuts
- Pinch ground white peppercorn
Place everything in a bowl and mix. Finish with fried onions or shallots as desired.