Clams & cauliflower salad
Chef Ned Bell
Published Thursday, June 4, 2015 12:20PM PDT
Last Updated Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:19PM PDT
Clams & Cauliflower Salad
BC Blueberry ‘Pickle’
Raw Cauliflower, Grilled Avocado & Organic Almonds
Steamed Clams: In a medium size pot, over medium heat, steam the clams in 2 cups of vegetable stock until the mussels pop open, let them cool and remove from the shells. Reserve the clam meat.
Avocado: Season the avocado with a very small amount of olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Lightly grill until golden brown, This will add fantastic warmth to the avocado, and lots of flavor.
- BC Blueberry ‘Pickle’:
- 2 cups frozen + 1 Cup thawed BC Blueberries Berries
- 1/8 cup Birch Syrup
- 1/8 cup Venturi Shultze balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 /2 tsp Vancouver Island Sea Salt
In a small pot, simmer 2 cups blueberries with birch syrup, balsamic, sliced shallots & sea salt for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add remaining 1 cup BC blueberries berries. Let cool.
Assemble the shaved cauliflower on the plate with extra virgin olive oil and almonds,
Place the clams on top of the salad. (crumbled goat cheese would be an excellent addition as well)
- Garnish with the grilled avocado and 2-3 tbsp of the BC Blueberry Berry ‘Pickle’. Enjoy!