Tomato + Tomato toast
- 1 thick slice of sourdough or other crusty bread
- 2 T of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 smashed clove of garlic
- 1 cup of ripe heirloom tomatoes cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 t of finely minced shallots
- ½ t of champagne vinegar
- ¼ t garlic rasped through a microplane
- ½ oz of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T of chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 t of chopped parsley and chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T of tomato jam
- Buratta or ricotta cheese
- Bunch of fresh arugula
- Freshly grated Parmesan
In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the shallots, vinegar, rasped garlic, ½ oz extra virgin olive oil, the toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped parsley, chopped chives, and salt and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
Brush the slice of desired bread with the extra virgin olive oil. Then, toast in a hot oven, grill, or pan heat. When toasted, rub the toast with a smashed glove of garlic.
Using a spoon or knife, spread the tomato jam over the toast. Then, spoon on as much of the diced tomato mixture as you wish.
- Top off with the buratta or ricotta, then some arugula, and finish with parmesan cheese.