Sockeye salmon with roasted beet salad
- 6 x 170g sockeye salmon filet, boneless
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 2-3 large yellow beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 45ml olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into chuncks
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 250g red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 30ml chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 15ml honey
- 75ml vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350F
Toss the beets in the 45ml of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto a lined baking sheet and roast until done about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon and honey. In a slow steady stream add the 75ml of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
Place the chilled beets, tomatoes, red onion, avocado and fresh dill into a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and lightly toss being careful to not mush up the avocado.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. Season salmon filets with salt, place flesh side down in hot pan. Sear salmon 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked medium. Serve with the beet salad.