Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/3 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce - warmed
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tbsp. whole celery seeds
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 hamburger buns
Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seed and sugar. Add coleslaw and onions; toss. Toss the shredded chicken with warm BBQ sauce. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on bottom half of each bun. Top each serving with about 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture; top with top half of bun.
Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1Ž2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-inch) stalk lemongrass, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup green onion strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (through lemongrass); cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chili paste; cook 1 minute. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
Chicken Pot Pie with Fresh Tarragon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup frozen baby green peas
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups leftover roast chicken, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 double crust, prepared pie crust
To make the filling, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, leeks and tarragon, and cook, stirring, just until slightly softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl, wipe out the skillet, and place it back on the stove. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and melt over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking, until the mixture bubbles and smells cooked. Do not let it brown. Whisk in 2 cups broth, and cook, whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in cream, and cook 2 or 3 minutes, just until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in remaining broth.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Add cooked vegetables and peas, chicken and sauce to 8-ounce deep pie dish or other baking dish, mix gently, and taste for seasoning.
Flour a work surface. Remove dough from refrigerator, and cut in half. (Set aside half for another recipe.) Roll out remaining dough, turning and flouring often, and cut a shape approximately the size of your baking dish plus 1 1/2 inches overlap all around.
Whisk egg in a small bowl. Brush onto rim of dish. Roll dough up onto the rolling pin, and unroll over dish, so it rests evenly on top of filling. Press overlap onto the rim and against the outside of the dish, sealing tightly. Poke tip of knife through crust to create 3 vent holes near the center. Place on cookie sheet, and place in oven.
Bake 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375 degrees. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until crust is golden and filling is bubbling through vents. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Cold Noodle Salad with Chicken & Cucumbers
- 8 ounces uncooked dried rice noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
Combine rice vinegar and the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add noodles, chicken, and cucumbers to bowl; toss gently to coat. Top with green onions and peanuts.
Spicy Chicken Stack
- 6 whole crispy, corn tortillas
- 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. Mexican chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheese
- sour cream
- your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 whole Roma tomatoes, diced
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced green chilies, tomatoes & paste, chili powder beans & the shredded chicken just to heat through. Turn off heat and set aside. Stack on individual plates with taco mix between each layer. Top with more taco mix, grated cheese, sliced lettuce, diced tomato & sour cream. Serve with hot sauce.