Warning: Video attached shows the point of impact in a fatal crash. Viewer discretion is advised.

A British Columbia judge has released dramatic dash cam video of a 2015 crash that killed a Vancouver doctor in the city's west side.

Alphonsus Hui was on his way to work on a Saturday morning. As he turned left from Oak Street onto 41st Avenue, his red Suzuki hatchback was T-boned by a high-powered Audi travelling down Oak at more than twice the speed limit.

The newly released video of the crash shows both cars being lifted off the road by the impact. The silver Audi spins out of frame and the 68-year-old doctor's mangled vehicle comes to rest on a nearby curb as a loud thud rings out through the intersection. Hui died at the scene.

The driver of the Audi, 35-year-old Ken Chung, was charged with dangerous driving causing death, but was acquitted in May.

According to court documents, Chung's Audi was travelling at 119 km/h at the moment of impact.

During trial, experts testified that the luxury car had been doing around 140 km/h moments before that—nearly three times the speed limit on the 50 km/h road.

Judge Gregory Rideout described Chung's speed as excessive, but said it was a case of "momentary" acceleration and did not constitute criminal fault.

“It’s been 2 1/2 years since dad passed. When they told us (Chung) was acquitted, three weeks ago, it was just a slap in our face, and we were completely re-traumatized," the deceased doctor’s daughter, Monique Hui, told CTV News earlier this month.

Prosecutors have since filed an appeal against the decision to acquit Chung.

Neither the Crown or defence were opposed to the video being made public.

The Hui family responded to its release Monday, saying "we hope that it speaks to the reasons why we need an immediate driving ban for Chung and changes to our legislation regarding excessive speeders with multiple offences."

In the meantime, the family is also petitioning the province's attorney general to introduce stricter regulations for excessive speeders.

As of Monday afternoon, the petition had garnered more than 68,000 signatures.

"I feel like we are one step closer to the justice that should have been done in the first place," Monique said.

What happens next in the case is up to the Court of Appeal.

With files from CTV Vancouver's Maria Weisgarber