Articles by Luisa Alvarez
- 800,000 pounds of food redistributed to those in need by Vancouver non-profit
- Handshake deal at the centre of Vancouver legion branch eviction fight
- Metro Vancouver dad with long-term dream of backyard rink finally made it happen, but he started working on it in April
- 'Shaken, not stirred': Learn How to Make a Classic Bond-Style Martini
- Entertaining For Fall With The Style Guys
- 'Our vet bills are insane': VOKRA inundated with cats and kittens rescued from hoarder
- Watchmaking still seen by some as timeless art form, even in the digital age
- 'She's everything we wanted': B.C. mom brings home unique puppy for toddler born without hands
- 'Different is beautiful': B.C. 2-year-old born without hands to get puppy without a paw
- World Spay Day: How a volunteer-run organization is reducing the stray cat overpopulation in Surrey
- 'I always told myself that I can': Woman dragged several blocks by vehicle gives update on recovery a year after life-altering accident
- 'We have hope now. Before, we had no hope with no diagnosis': NICU nurse needs $100K for debilitating condition
- You don't need breasts to feel beautiful: B.C. stylist empowering cancer survivors to love their new bodies
- 'I was hanging upside down': B.C. woman in rollover taxi crash says seatbelt may have saved her life
- Amanda Todd's mom hopeful her daughter's alleged tormentor will face trial in 2020
- Homes damaged in Surrey after broken water main floods neighbourhood
- California sheriff shares new details on arrest of B.C. fugitive
- After being called 'terrorists,' B.C. brothers organize event to talk about Islam
- Video captures woman's racist tirade at B.C. Shoppers Drug Mart
March 2022 update: Luisa Alvarez is no longer with CTV News Vancouver.
Luisa Alvarez is a traffic and segment host on CTV Morning Live.
Luisa was born in Bogotá, Colombia and is trilingual, speaking English, Spanish and French. She grew up in Burnaby, B.C. but moved to Madrid, Spain after high school. It was there that she discovered her passion for people and telling their stories. It ignited her to move back to Vancouver and pursue a career in journalism.
She graduated from BCIT’s Broadcast and Online Journalism Program and kick started her career in Thunder Bay, Ont. as a video journalist and weekend anchor.
She quickly made the move back to B.C., continuing her TV news reporting career in Victoria until finally getting back home to join CTV Vancouver's news team in 2019. Luisa made the transition into morning TV the next year as the station's new traffic host.
Luisa is a self-proclaimed "cat lady," mama to her fur baby named Archie and a high heel enthusiast. Her hobbies include travelling the world and finding the perfect pair of shoes. While she loves fashion, she also loves nature and will gladly trade in her stilettos for hiking boots. You can often find Luisa exploring B.C.’s beautiful mountain trails.
Catch Luisa weekday morning from 5:30 to 9 a.m. on CTV Morning Live and also hear her traffic updates on TSN 1040 and BNN Bloomberg 1410.