Articles by Ian Holliday
- Break-in suspect was also wanted Canada-wide, Surrey RCMP say
- Victim of Richmond, B.C., shooting gets prison sentence for handgun found in underwear
- Heavy equipment stolen from Kelowna construction site, RCMP say
- Petition to recall B.C. Premier David Eby fails
- Women who wouldn't converse with man who bought them drinks top BBB list of unusual complaints
- People with schizophrenia were especially at risk during 2021 heat dome, BCCDC finds
- Burnaby fire trapped family of 3 on home's upper floor, crews say
- Quarry Rock trail in North Vancouver reopened after nearly 3 years
- Cyclist suffers 'significant injuries' in West Vancouver crash
- Cash, drugs and luxury vehicles seized during simultaneous searches in New Westminster, police say
- 'Sad and tragic death' in Pitt Meadows not a criminal matter, RCMP say
- Lawyer convicted of forgery agrees to resign from Law Society of B.C.
- More than $100K in fines issued for illegal fishing along B.C. coast, DFO says
- Alleged Chinese attempt to interfere in Vancouver election sparks anger
- COVID-19 hospitalizations rise in latest B.C. update, led by Fraser Health
- Video game loot boxes the subject of proposed B.C. class action
- Armed robbery suspect wearing 'distinct' outfit sought in West Vancouver
- Vancouver Folk Music Festival will return in 2023 after all, organizers say
- Land lift: How Vancouver zoning policy creates multi-million-dollar teardowns
- Appeal court dismisses District of North Vancouver's bid to avoid paying woman $900K
Ian Holliday is an associate producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
He began working with CTV News as an intern in July 2014 and continued working on a freelance basis for the next five years. During that time, he also worked full time as a research associate for the Angus Reid Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit public opinion polling organization. He switched to a full time position at CTV News in June 2019.
In his time at CTV News, Ian has covered a variety of topics, including housing, environmental issues, municipal and provincial politics and breaking news.
He grew up in Rhode Island and received a bachelor of arts in journalism from Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y. In 2013, he moved to Vancouver to pursue a master's degree in journalism at UBC, which he completed in 2015. He is an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys cooking, table-top role-playing games and spending time with his partner and cats. He is the cohost of HARK! A podcast about listening to holiday music year-round and ranking it from best to worst.