Articles by Ian Holliday
- Victim of Richmond, B.C., shooting gets prison sentence for handgun found in underwear
- Heavy equipment stolen from Kelowna construction site, RCMP say
- Petition to recall B.C. Premier David Eby fails
- Women who wouldn't converse with man who bought them drinks top BBB list of unusual complaints
- People with schizophrenia were especially at risk during 2021 heat dome, BCCDC finds
- Burnaby fire trapped family of 3 on home's upper floor, crews say
- Quarry Rock trail in North Vancouver reopened after nearly 3 years
- Cyclist suffers 'significant injuries' in West Vancouver crash
- Cash, drugs and luxury vehicles seized during simultaneous searches in New Westminster, police say
- 'Sad and tragic death' in Pitt Meadows not a criminal matter, RCMP say
- Lawyer convicted of forgery agrees to resign from Law Society of B.C.
- More than $100K in fines issued for illegal fishing along B.C. coast, DFO says
- Alleged Chinese attempt to interfere in Vancouver election sparks anger
- COVID-19 hospitalizations rise in latest B.C. update, led by Fraser Health
- Video game loot boxes the subject of proposed B.C. class action
- Armed robbery suspect wearing 'distinct' outfit sought in West Vancouver
- Vancouver Folk Music Festival will return in 2023 after all, organizers say
- Land lift: How Vancouver zoning policy creates multi-million-dollar teardowns
- Appeal court dismisses District of North Vancouver's bid to avoid paying woman $900K
- Sewage leak affecting Capilano River, officials say
Ian Holliday is an associate producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
He began working with CTV News as an intern in July 2014 and continued working on a freelance basis for the next five years. During that time, he also worked full time as a research associate for the Angus Reid Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit public opinion polling organization. He switched to a full time position at CTV News in June 2019.
In his time at CTV News, Ian has covered a variety of topics, including housing, environmental issues, municipal and provincial politics and breaking news.
He grew up in Rhode Island and received a bachelor of arts in journalism from Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y. In 2013, he moved to Vancouver to pursue a master's degree in journalism at UBC, which he completed in 2015. He is an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys cooking, table-top role-playing games and spending time with his partner and cats. He is the cohost of HARK! A podcast about listening to holiday music year-round and ranking it from best to worst.