Articles by Ian Holliday
- Real estate agent who loaned client $50K for deposit committed misconduct, B.C. regulator finds
- Kamloops shooting victim has died, case now a homicide investigation, RCMP say
- Helicopter in downtown Vancouver Friday to replace Shaw Tower sign
- B.C. man charged for allegedly 3D-printing guns
- 'What are the odds of that?' B.C. teen finds war medals while fishing
- Man caught on camera lighting fire at Richmond, B.C., home
- 18-year-old with 'fictitious' driver's licence arrested for riding motorcycle at 209 km/h in Merrit, B.C., police say
- UBC's 'slowest' graduate earns history degree 54 years after enrolling
- B.C. radiation therapists weigh in province's plan to send patients to U.S. for treatment
- 'It is hard to predict wildlife behaviours': Tips for avoiding conflict with coyotes after recent B.C. attacks
- Man who went missing after night out in Vancouver found dead, family says
- Charges laid in New Westminster carjacking, police say
- Announcement of new Langley school sparks questions in neighbouring Surrey
- WestJet strike: Here's how many Vancouver flights are affected so far
- Heat wave ebbs, but B.C. still setting high temperature records
- Judge orders 2 brothers and their companies to comply with law after 68 citations from WorkSafeBC
- 2 minors among 6 arrested for 'targeted' home invasion in Richmond, RCMP say
- 138 arrests made in 2-week shoplifting crackdown, Vancouver police say
- British Columbians set a record for May electricity use Monday night, BC Hydro says
- B.C. to send cancer patients to U.S. for radiation treatment
Ian Holliday is an associate producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
He began working with CTV News as an intern in July 2014 and continued working on a freelance basis for the next five years. During that time, he also worked full time as a research associate for the Angus Reid Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit public opinion polling organization. He switched to a full time position at CTV News in June 2019.
In his time at CTV News, Ian has covered a variety of topics, including housing, environmental issues, municipal and provincial politics and breaking news.
He grew up in Rhode Island and received a bachelor of arts in journalism from Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y. In 2013, he moved to Vancouver to pursue a master's degree in journalism at UBC, which he completed in 2015. He is an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys cooking, table-top role-playing games and spending time with his partner and cats. He is the cohost of HARK! A podcast about listening to holiday music year-round and ranking it from best to worst.