Articles by Ian Holliday
- 'Unexpected limited physician availability' closes emergency room in B.C. Interior
- Crews battle 2nd commercial building fire of the day in Vancouver
- 'I'm Just Here for the Riot': Vancouver directors to tackle 2011 Stanley Cup riot in ESPN documentary
- Fire tears through East Vancouver grocery store
- 'It was a whole dance of lights': Aurora borealis peeks through the clouds in Vancouver
- TransLink still planning fare increases after $479M provincial funding announcement
- Kelowna RCMP say they've responded to 78 catalytic converter thefts in 83 days so far this year
- Merritt man's disappearance 'involves criminality,' RCMP say
- Number with COVID-19 in B.C. hospitals rises again as BCCDC tweaks wastewater reporting
- Break-in suspect was also wanted Canada-wide, Surrey RCMP say
- Richmond, B.C., shooting victim gets 5-year sentence; whoever shot him remains at large
- Heavy equipment stolen from Kelowna construction site, RCMP say
- Petition to recall B.C. Premier David Eby fails
- Women who wouldn't converse with man who bought them drinks top BBB list of unusual complaints
- People with schizophrenia were especially at risk during 2021 heat dome, BCCDC finds
- Burnaby fire trapped family of 3 on home's upper floor, crews say
- Quarry Rock trail in North Vancouver reopened after nearly 3 years
- Cyclist suffers 'significant injuries' in West Vancouver crash
- Cash, drugs and luxury vehicles seized during simultaneous searches in New Westminster, police say
- 'Sad and tragic death' in Pitt Meadows not a criminal matter, RCMP say
Ian Holliday is an associate producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
He began working with CTV News as an intern in July 2014 and continued working on a freelance basis for the next five years. During that time, he also worked full time as a research associate for the Angus Reid Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit public opinion polling organization. He switched to a full time position at CTV News in June 2019.
In his time at CTV News, Ian has covered a variety of topics, including housing, environmental issues, municipal and provincial politics and breaking news.
He grew up in Rhode Island and received a bachelor of arts in journalism from Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y. In 2013, he moved to Vancouver to pursue a master's degree in journalism at UBC, which he completed in 2015. He is an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys cooking, table-top role-playing games and spending time with his partner and cats. He is the cohost of HARK! A podcast about listening to holiday music year-round and ranking it from best to worst.