Articles by Ian Holliday
- 'You don't listen to renters': Vancouver Tenants Union disrupts housing announcement
- Arrest made in arson that destroyed Kelowna convenience store, RCMP say
- Vancouver men banned from financial markets over blockchain company misconduct
- 'Group of youth' suspected in arsons at Port Moody sports complex
- Burnaby nurse took pictures of confidential patient information on personal phone, BCCNM says
- B.C. woman fined $350 for keeping rare, wild turtle as pet
- Man accused of mass stabbing in North Vancouver, B.C., pleads guilty to all charges
- Real estate agent who loaned client $50K for deposit committed misconduct, B.C. regulator finds
- Kamloops shooting victim has died, case now a homicide investigation, RCMP say
- Helicopter in downtown Vancouver Friday to replace Shaw Tower sign
- B.C. man charged for allegedly 3D-printing guns
- 'What are the odds of that?' B.C. teen finds war medals while fishing
- Man caught on camera lighting fire at Richmond, B.C., home
- 18-year-old with 'fictitious' driver's licence arrested for riding motorcycle at 209 km/h in Merrit, B.C., police say
- UBC's 'slowest' graduate earns history degree 54 years after enrolling
- B.C. radiation therapists weigh in province's plan to send patients to U.S. for treatment
- 'It is hard to predict wildlife behaviours': Tips for avoiding conflict with coyotes after recent B.C. attacks
- Man who went missing after night out in Vancouver found dead, family says
- Charges laid in New Westminster carjacking, police say
- Announcement of new Langley school sparks questions in neighbouring Surrey
Ian Holliday is an associate producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
He began working with CTV News as an intern in July 2014 and continued working on a freelance basis for the next five years. During that time, he also worked full time as a research associate for the Angus Reid Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit public opinion polling organization. He switched to a full time position at CTV News in June 2019.
In his time at CTV News, Ian has covered a variety of topics, including housing, environmental issues, municipal and provincial politics and breaking news.
He grew up in Rhode Island and received a bachelor of arts in journalism from Ithaca College in Ithaca, N.Y. In 2013, he moved to Vancouver to pursue a master's degree in journalism at UBC, which he completed in 2015. He is an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys cooking, table-top role-playing games and spending time with his partner and cats. He is the cohost of HARK! A podcast about listening to holiday music year-round and ranking it from best to worst.