- Almost 200 pizzas arrived at warming centres across Vancouver this week. Here's what happened.
- 12 hours on the tarmac: Snow wreaks havoc at Vancouver airport
- Parents frustrated as B.C. daycare announces new fees after receiving government subsidies
- 'Just a miracle': B.C. family reunited with Delilah the Chihuahua years after disappearance
- Some commuters trapped for 8 hours as snow wreaks havoc in B.C.'s Lower Mainland
- Vancouver police requesting $38M budget increase, or about $100K more per day
- After child's suicide attempt, B.C. family waits 41 hours for ambulance transfer
- Head of Vancouver Police Union shares 'F*** the DTES grifters' image on Twitter
- Concerns about 'creeping politicization' as police audit Vancouver social services
- Lack of specialist teachers leading to 'violent episodes' in Surrey classrooms, union says
- 'I'm not resisting': Video shows police Tasering shirtless woman at busy Vancouver transit station
- 'We're a boring soccer family': Shocked Surrey, B.C., residents find home riddled with bullets
- East Vancouver home's $1M listing price could 'cause a riot,' realtor says
- 'Her loss is immeasurable': Slain B.C. RCMP officer worked on Burnaby detachment's homeless outreach team
- Dutch man convicted in Amanda Todd case sentenced to 13 years in prison
- Vogue names B.C.'s Okanagan one of 12 'underrated wine regions' worth visiting
- 'A very dangerous thing': Vancouver Police Union slammed for mayoral endorsement
- Some B.C. residents booking fall boosters without invitations
- Flipping tax proposal 'really scary,' says B.C. MLA who bought and sold 3 homes in 4 years
- Landlords 'very disappointed' by B.C.'s capped rent hike, tenant group wants full freeze
- Here's how B.C. is rolling out fall boosters of COVID-19 vaccine
- Ukrainian family wishes they were warned about B.C.'s pricey rental market
- B.C. cop who showed sexual selfie to domestic violence victim reinstated
- B.C. tenants face extra rent hikes to fund landlords' repairs – and they're permanent
- Lithium ion batteries blamed for 2 SRO fires in Vancouver
- Top bid $112 for electric streetcar being auctioned off in Vancouver
- 'I will not be intimidated': B.C. MLA facing recall petition from anti-mandate crowd
- Ripudaman Singh Malik wasn't worried about safety prior to fatal shooting, family says
- B.C. offering 'fall booster' of COVID-19 vaccine to everyone 12+ beginning in September
- B.C. couple ordered to pay neighbour $2K over 'encroaching bamboo'
Andrew Weichel is a reporter and the senior producer of digital content for CTV News Vancouver.
Since joining the newsroom in 2009, Andrew has led gripping online coverage of several municipal, provincial and federal elections, as well as a number of landmark Supreme Court decisions. His contributions helped the station earn the coveted Edward R. Murrow Award for Best News Website twice, in 2009 and 2011.
More recently, he's been focused on covering the COVID-19 pandemic from a variety of perspectives. His work reporting on the crisis was recognized with a Jack Webster Award in December 2020.
Andrew was born and raised in British Columbia, growing up in the Okanagan before moving to Vancouver, where he studied journalism at Langara College.
He's also a member of the BCIT Broadcast and Online Journalism Program's advisory committee and a judge for the annual Radio Television Digital News Association awards.
In 2019, he published his first book, "Everything British Columbia," along with his wife, Bethany Lindsay.