Articles by Allison Hurst
- Mayor claims woman ran over his foot during altercation in Surrey, B.C., grocery store parking lot
- British Columbians volunteer to help Afghan refugees upon arrival
- Cancer patient struggled to make it to appointment during vaccine mandate protest outside hospital
- 'My life is just full of anguish': Grieving B.C. mom seeks justice after son's death in Mexico
- B.C. wildfires: Out of control fire doubles in size in just over 12 hours
- 1 sent to hospital in 2nd shooting at Surrey home in under a month
- Rally in support of Afghanistan: More than 100 gather in Downtown Vancouver
- More fully vaccinated people getting sick as B.C. officials push holdouts to get their shots
- 'Nobody seems to be giving any answers': Questions linger for family of CN Rail employee who died 1 year ago
- 'We just think Canada can do more': Afghan women in Vancouver want Canadian government to take action
- 'Clearly an unprovoked stranger assault': Vancouver police searching for panhandler who allegedly attacked driver
- 'They have to be prepared at a moment's notice': Tow truck driver course offered in Canada for 1st time
Allison Hurst joined CTV Vancouver in February 2013 on the assignment desk.
Instantly captivated by news, she went to BCIT the following September to complete the broadcast journalism program. During those two years Allison continued to freelance at CTV Vancouver, reported for CKNW and took a three-month internship in Belgium reporting and writing for a national TV show.
After she graduated in May 2015, Allison moved to Kitchener for a full time job at CTV Kitchener as a video journalist. She took a month leave of absence in August 2016, to go to Rio and report from the Olympic Games. Allison left Kitchener in May 2017 and came back to CTV Vancouver as a writer and reporter.
Allison has a degree from the University of British Columbia in political science and international relations. While she considers herself a Vancouverite, Allison has lived on both coasts and central Canada and is bilingual. In her spare time, Allison can be found hiking or skiing in the mountains, running along the sea wall and spending time with family and friends.