Meet the Frissant: fritter mixed with croissant
Published Friday, June 21, 2013 10:54AM PDT
Last Updated Friday, June 21, 2013 11:03AM PDT
Frissant: fritter mixed with croissant
Swiss Bakery is in the kitchen sharing their Canadian version of the Cronut, the Frissant -- a fritter mixed with a croissant.
- Scaling and mixing the dough
- Cutting the dough, then rolling it out
- Flatten out butter and make sure its pliable
- Fold Dough over butter and “lock” butter in.
- Sheet and fold numerous times.
- Rest the Dough
- Freeze dough
- Defrost dough and cut
- Place into proofer for it to rise
- Remove and fry
- Wait for it to cool, coat with cinnamon sugar, inject cream, add topping