- Everybody will know about my bankruptcy
- My employer will be notified and I will be fired
- Bankruptcy doesn't cover government debts
- I will lose everything and will never get credit again
- Bankruptcy is the only option
If you know you’re facing years of minimum payments, constantly shuffling credit to keep accounts current, or collection action, those are signs that meeting with a licensed insolvency trustee can help. Licensed insolvency trustees are the only people who are legally empowered to shield you from creditors – they are also the only people able to offer a debt solution called a Consumer Proposal. Debts such as income taxes owing to Canada Revenue Agency and student loans can only be successfully reduced (or eliminated altogether) by working with a licensed trustee.
Find out more about how a licensed trustee can help, contact us for a free, confidential consultation.