- 12 oysters, shucked and bottom shell reserved
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. plain bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. to 4 tbsp. white wine
- 1 lemon – cut into segments to drizzle over once baked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of dried chili flakes, to taste (optional)
- Coarse salt, for balancing the shells for baking and serving
Preheat oven 475 degrees F.
Fill small baking tray with coarse salt.
In a small bowl, mix bacon, bread crumbs, chili flakes, garlic, parsley and olive oil.
Add just enough wine to moisten the bread crumbs. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add each oyster back to the bottom shell. Top each with the bread crumb mixture and arrange on prepared baking tray. Bake until oysters are just cooked through, and topping is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with lemon juice. Place on serving tray with coarse salt so that oysters don’t wobble on the tray.