Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake announce Vancouver date in 'Legends of the Summer' tour
The music industry’s biggest heavyweights gather at Los Angeles' Staples Center for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
Justin Timberlake, left, and Jay-Z perform on stage at the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013. (AP / John Shearer)
Darcy Wintonyk, CTV British Columbia
Published Friday, February 22, 2013 8:02AM PST
Last Updated Friday, February 22, 2013 8:48AM PST
The much-hyped rumours are over: Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake are coming to Vancouver.
Live Nation announced Friday morning that the superstars will hit BC Place on July 31 as part of their Legends of the Summer Tour.
The tour starts July 17 in Toronto and ends Aug. 16 in Miami. The duo will also play shows in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Detroit and Baltimore.
Tickets, which start at $39.50 plus service charges, go on sale Feb. 28 at 10 a.m.
Timberlake's third solo album, The 20/20 Experience, will be released March 19.
He has already released two singles, "Suit & Tie," with Jay-Z and "Mirrors,” which clocks in at a cool eight minutes.
It was also announced this week that Timberlake and Jay-Z would headline London’s Wireless Festival this summer.
Here's a look at the full tour dates:
- July 17 Toronto, ON Rogers Centre
- July 19 New York, NY Yankee Stadium**
- July 22 Chicago, IL Soldier Field
- July 26 San Francisco, CA Candlestick Park
- July 28 Los Angeles, CA Rose Bowl
- July 31 Vancouver, BC BC Place Stadium
- August 4 Hershey, PA Hershey Stadium
- August 6 Detroit, MI Ford Field
- August 8 Baltimore, MD M&T Bank Stadium
- August 10 Boston, MA Fenway Park
- August 13 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park
- August 16 Miami, FL Sun Life Stadium