Fennel and cirtus salad by The Hungry Oven
Published Friday, July 27, 2012 10:00AM PDT
Last Updated Friday, July 27, 2012 10:02AM PDT
The Hungry Oven is a day camp where kids get to play chef and the adults are the sous chefs. Five-year-old Alison Genge visits CTV Morning Live to prepare a healthy salad she learned how to make at the camp with the help of The Hungry Oven chef Alix Corbet.
Fennel and citrus salad
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- Orange and grapefruit segments
- 1/8 of a red onion
- Fresh mint
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Grated lemon peel
- Mix together onions, fennel, orange and grapefruit.
- In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, sugar and salt to create the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the first mixture and then add the fresh mint arugula.